Coding question - How to show others' HUDs?

Thread Started By CJaneway

• 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Rate Thread
Hi!

I have been wondering how viewers are able to show what HUDs people are wearing, so I've been digging in the source code of regular viewers a bit.

I understand that objects and attachments are sent by the sim as an ObjectUpdatePacket. However, attached HUDs I couldn't find among those. Where should I look for these? I'd appreciate if anyone could point me to the right direction.

Thanks!

@CJaneway people wearing a hud to see what they wearing
you need a hud what has the option attchachments

[To see links please register here]

read my message in that forum how it works

or a link from

Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

Thank you for your response and for pointing out these scripts. They are useful to show the visible avatar attachments.

However, when I want to show the not visible attachments, the HUDs that the other person is wearing, the script method llGetAttachedList does not seem to return those. I'm not sure if there is any script function that can return HUDs. Hence I was already looking for it on a UDP packet level and wondering where I find those.

I don't think seeing HUDS are part of the API for scripts to use.If you want to see huds ppl wear,then gotta have a viewer that shows it,like a copybot one.

Right, like I said I'm looking, on a programming level, at regular viewer source codes since I don't have any copybot source code at hands. I'm looking at the ObjectUpdate UDP packets that the sim sends to the viewer, and I can see regular attachments there, but not HUD attachments. So I was hoping somebody with viewer programming experience could point me to the right direction where HUDs are actually retrieved from.

Here's a copybot viewer with sourcecode.I don't use it,or know if it safe,but it should give you a start on looking into the code.

@CJaneway a friend told me that Darkstorm cbv can save huds, 
it saved to your pc as obj file
Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creator Question synthwulf 4 1,568 07-12-2023, 07:25 PM
Last Post: ZeroThe10th
  [split] Question how to .... pinkbrainme 1 762 04-15-2022, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Lagertha