Shooped Storm crasing while importing

Thread Started By LuluBelle

• 74 Vote(s) - 3.03 Average
Rate Thread
Hey everyone,
I have tried a few different viewers to import .xml files and I am not having very good luck. The best so far has been Shooped Storm but I have to upload 4-5 times to get something to completely upload. I crash while importing 75% of the time and it is getting a bit frustrating. Can anyone pass on any tips, or recommend a better viewer?
Thanks,
Lulu

Have the same problem. If I try to import , my viewer will crash immediately.

Perhaps a tutorial about how to import will help.

Thanks

Any advice on how to do this?

Thanks

(04-19-2013, 03:40 AM)LuluBelle Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Hey everyone,
I have tried a few different viewers to import .xml files and I am not having very good luck. The best so far has been Shooped Storm but I have to upload 4-5 times to get something to completely upload. I crash while importing 75% of the time and it is getting a bit frustrating. Can anyone pass on any tips, or recommend a better viewer?
Thanks,
Lulu

Okay, I use Darkstorm, but...
for import I clear cache always and set it to maximum size. Then I relog and go where not many textures have to be loaded when I arrive (= inside a big white box).

I tweaked some debug settings like ImagePipelineUseHTTPFetchMaxRequests - if lower than 8 I crash with import. 12 seems safe.

Also I installed the viewer in another drive, not the usual path on C.
Programs sometimes seem to write in their own directory which can not always be allowed on C.

Thanks Farid! I'll try all that and hope it will be working.
I did try on Singularity, btw

what are you importing? was it exported with shoopedstorm?
xmls are simply not xmls
different export code creates different xmls
for instance you cannot import a linkset xml from phoenix using this importer.
try exporting the object/assets with shoopedstorm then import

people really need to state what theirs shares were exported with
shoopedstorm exporter is the same export code used in dsexport,partyhat,gankedlife,phoenixking,inertia etc.. they all derive from secondlife professional by day oh.

Hello Dr Fuxed,

And thanks for your comment. I have lots of questions but perhaps it's because of my lack of skills. However, among them are for instance, the fact that if I export an entire avi, when I try to import back, it will not recognize the extension of the file.
Also, if I export a vendor boxed file, I can import the box, but I dont have the option "open" active.
I also like to know how do I transfer, for instance a pair of boots directly into my inventory and not appearing worn by me, or rezzed on the ground.
I did try to import an xml. file I've got from the forum and to my surprise it appeared rezzed on the parcel I was on. At some point tells me that I cant rez so many objects and everything stops. Is there a way to import in my invent and wear them from there?
PS: I DONT CRASH ANYMORE NOW, however all the problems above and some others, wont let me post things on the forum , because it would be useless to post something that cant be open in SL.

I use Shoopedstorm for import and export.

Thanks so much and you have a "kudos" from me.

xo

i have it happen many times i just hit control alt shift 9 and i dont crash then i undo it once its uploaded

what does alt shift 9 do?

as has been stated its best to import with the same viewer that created the export, that's one thing.

another and somewhat related is don't attempt to export or import mesh by the usual way, that requires some different procedures, which i am not familiar with but i think i've seen tutorials elsewhere on this and other sites.

some exporters don't handle sculpt maps well and either won't upload or won't apply them.

as to rezzed on the ground vs rezzing worn on your avatar, no, prims can't as far as i know be directly imported to inventory, the prims have to be created in world. and on-ground vs worn is depending how the export was done. if a worn item was exported, it will create and link in world and then attach to its worn-on point when it's done linking. if it wasn't being worn when exported, it will just rez on the ground.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exporting/Importing shapes (xml) Nadine Broome 0 1,870 08-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Nadine Broome
Brick DAE Exporting/importing sblunt 1 2,278 06-24-2020, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Optimus Prime
  Things to take care of by importing DAE fridaynight 1 3,090 11-29-2016, 04:41 PM
Last Post: arfandomega
  Importing Poser/Daz mesh into SL Fantasia 3 6,590 03-07-2014, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Falcons
  importing anim into SL malkmus9 3 5,274 08-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Last Post: InigoMontoya
  crashy shooped storm InigoMontoya 2 4,202 07-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Last Post: InigoMontoya
  Importing skins into SL Optimus Prime 0 3,254 04-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Optimus Prime