Editing "No-Mod" objects?

Thread Started By AshCald1

• 30 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Rate Thread
How do I edit objects that are "no-mod?" I just want an item I bought to be a different color and unfortunately they don't sell it in the color I want.

There are a number of ways of doing this, What kind of item is it?

what kind of item are you trying?

So, I know this is an old thread, but I figured the question still holds.

I'm using Hydrostorm and I would like to know how to edit no modify mesh clothing.

(10-30-2021, 03:57 AM)BriCheer99 Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

So, I know this is an old thread, but I figured the question still holds.

I'm using Hydrostorm and I would like to know how to edit no modify mesh clothing.

if the clothing has a texture change system you would have to find the channel with which the hud communicates to be able to modify the clothing to your liking.

the greatest thing I have discovered is to clone non modifiable non copyable objects without losing their original user characteristics, this can also be done with clothes.
another way would be to copy the clothing and being the original owner modify it to your liking, in blender or in second life.

Quote: 

Okay, so I'll lay this out so there's not confusion.

First thing: I would like to be able to modify the textures on no modify clothing I've already purchased and have in my inventory. Some of them have texture and color changing HUDs, some of them do not.

Second thing: I would like to remove the 'demo' objects from demo items I have in my inventory. These items come with all the features of the non-demo items, they simply have an added piece within the object that shows one is wearing a demo.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Still hoping someone can help me out with this. Thanks!

(10-30-2021, 09:44 AM)LINDENBLACK Wrote:

Quote:the greatest thing I have discovered is to clone non modifiable non copyable objects without losing their original user characteristics, this can also be done with clothes.

This is most confusing. Please explain how cloning is done. If it is backup you mean it always want to save to disk, even when checkbox is off.

(11-11-2021, 12:40 PM)Moiet Wrote:

Quote:the greatest thing I have discovered is to clone non modifiable non copyable objects without losing their original user characteristics, this can also be done with clothes.

This is most confusing. Please explain how cloning is done. If it is backup you mean it always want to save to disk, even when checkbox is off.

Basically what that means is to rip the mesh clothing object... save it, then reupload it, adding a very small piece of something from the original creator and use it as the base so it still appears as though your object belongs to the original creator so as not to arouse suspicion.

(11-11-2021, 09:45 PM)BriannaVeyran Wrote:

(11-11-2021, 12:40 PM)Moiet Wrote:

Basically what that means is to rip the mesh clothing object... save it, then reupload it, adding a very small piece of something from the original creator and use it as the base so it still appears as though your object belongs to the original creator so as not to arouse suspicion.

I am not sure this is correct.  If item is no mod how can you link to upload copy?  SL will not permit this, yes?  Also, if you link this way anyone who inspects will see the different parts and who is creator for each, yes?

Well, first off, take a look at the forum you're on.

What you do is rip the object, whether .obj or .dae, and then you reupload it yourself. When you do so, you add a small piece of whatever created by the original creator into that mesh object so it appears as though it was created by the same person. That small object has to be your anchor piece so it generates the 'creator' tag of the linked parts.

Nobody can pull apart your clothing and check for themselves, and the idea here is not to rip something that someone else made, then try and sell it on your own.

That way you now have full permission to change and modify it however you want. Therefore it is no longer no-modify.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Delete objects starky 7 6,478 12-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  Can animations be made with the UUID, like applying textures onto Objects? britneybeans 5 6,972 01-26-2014, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Falcons