About Sharing Textures...

Thread Started By Synsational

• 69 Vote(s) - 3.41 Average
Rate Thread
Heart 
I am wondering which way is the best for sharing textures and possibly why it is done that way? I would like to share a couple of full packages I have that are already downloaded to my computer but I noticed most of the textures in texture area of the forum are a list of uuids. I could zip them up or just wait until I have uuids of stuff that I haven't collected on my computer yet? Please let me know which way but for now I will share at least one set zipped up until someone has the chance to answer or comment on this. Thanks.

It really depends on you. There are advantages to both, but it's gonna depend on how knowledgable you are and how much storage space you have.

Sharing UUID is the simplist way, no storage space required and all info reverts back to the original creator.
   **down side is that if the creator deletes, goes bye-bye or otherwise that texture goes no more.....

Doing a zip/rar archive allows you as the proprietor of said texture the ability to make sure that doesn't happen. Can modify textures, such as recolor, size, and so forth. This is great for PSD file creation to or modification for colors the maker didn't do.
   **down side is you need to make sure it has no personal info attached to it, and if so what that information is IE>>> Photoshop if you do a psd file or modify a texture .png will come over with the meta info you have on file in the program so put psueodo info there.

Uuids are cool for viewers that allow you to input them as textures
but zips on the other hand can be used on other grids outside of SL
So I'm always for that over UUids anyday

I use uuid for texture but when i want them on my hd I use texturedownload to grab them from the servers from sl... you can edit them or not an upload it to sl for use.

the other prg that i use allot is SLCacheViewer it shows all of the texture and sculpt that is in the texture cash on you hd.

Attached Files
.rar   textureDL.rar (Size: 257.76 KB / Downloads: 87)

(09-03-2017, 09:19 AM)noway hozee Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I use uuid for texture but when i want them on my hd I use texturedownload to grab them from the servers from sl... you can edit them or not an upload it to sl for use.

the other prg that i use allot is SLCacheViewer it shows all of the texture and sculpt that is in the texture cash on you hd.

Handy tool the  textureDL thank you
Don't send Buddy Requests with no reasons
Rules 1-6

And what is the safest way to use textures in order to not be lagally caught? How dangerous is to use ripped textures? 
Thanks in advance

(09-03-2017, 09:19 AM)noway hozee Wrote:

fix the download

Attached Files
.rar   textureDL.rar (Size: 257.76 KB / Downloads: 85)

(08-29-2017, 11:46 PM)SimiP Wrote:

It really depends on you. There are advantages to both, but it's gonna depend on how knowledgable you are and how much storage space you have.

Sharing UUID is the simplist way, no storage space required and all info reverts back to the original creator.
   **down side is that if the creator deletes, goes bye-bye or otherwise that texture goes no more.....

Doing a zip/rar archive allows you as the proprietor of said texture the ability to make sure that doesn't happen. Can modify textures, such as recolor, size, and so forth. This is great for PSD file creation to or modification for colors the maker didn't do.
   **down side is you need to make sure it has no personal info attached to it, and if so what that information is IE>>> Photoshop if you do a psd file or modify a texture .png will come over with the meta info you have on file in the program so put psueodo info there.

Great information thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software sharing. Froqi 0 1,080 03-08-2019, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Froqi
  Deleting a thread & attaching a file for sharing satintights 0 2,210 08-06-2017, 08:50 AM
Last Post: satintights