Java Programmers: Would Working on Your Code in VR Make Your Code Any Better?

Thread Started By Second Life

• 29 Vote(s) - 3.07 Average
Rate Thread
Java Programmers: Would Working on Your Code in VR Make Your Code Any Better?

[To see links please register here]

:

As it stands today, Primitive does not solve the entire productivity problem, but it might offer a foothold upon which a more complete solution might be built. “The most powerful aspect of our tech is that it can take any Java code and automatically create an animated 3D model out of it. This means that teams with large projects can visualize their code and watch it run in all of its detail. We are learning a lot from this,” [Primitive creator John] Voorhees wrote in an email. “We need to find out if visually stepping through complicated code in VR leads to faster and deeper comprehension. The immediate application is project management and onboarding new employees.”

I don't actually see how onboarding and project managing would be any more efficient in VR -- unless, that is, the actual project being managed and onboarded is itself a VR project. But I can kind of see how some aspects of coding could be improved this way:

Primitive Coding in VR

I'm not a coder, but this strikes me as a kind of immersive flowchart, and potentially, programmers could use it to see where their resources are being allocated, and pinpoint inefficiencies in the code's overall flow. But like I said, that's an uneducated guess. Java programmers, please enlighten us in Comments below!

Please share this post:

[To see links please register here]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Babbage Breaks News: Ex-Linden Lab Engineer Now Working on Oculus Avatars & Rooms! Second Life 0 1,735 10-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Second Life
  Facebook 360 Photos Make Virtual World Photos Come Alive in Your Smartphone Second Life 0 1,573 09-28-2016, 05:56 PM
  Little things can make all the difference - Lacy Muircastle reporting... Second Life 0 1,718 07-13-2016, 10:27 AM
  Jasmine Tridevil pays $20,000 for third breast to make herself LESS attractive to men machinecode 2 3,790 09-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Last Post: InigoMontoya