• 18 Vote(s) - 2.94 Average
Thread Modes

Tool for ripping mesh with rigging
CherryBlossom Offline
Elite Member
V.I.P

Threads: 1
Hi everyone!

I am an occasional lurker on the KG forums and I came across a thread mentioning a tool created by Gina_43 that allows you to rip mesh with rigging info. Here's some copypasted info about it:

"Meshes is the name of the tool. It's just exporting it with xml and running it through her tool to get the DAE."

The thread: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

It's only available to VIP members on the forum, but I thought I'd make a request thread here on the off chance someone happens to have it/have access to it. Smile

Scotty62 Offline
Goon
Goon Member Rank #1

Threads: 24
I have been looking in to this concept myself ... I believe that the rigging must be present in the VFS cache and therefore it should be possible to handle the export with it intact.

I searched the web - found all the posts on that form that google has - the tool behaves as I'd expect such a tool to behave. Export XML to get the details of the object in question, then using that info extract the DAE from the VFS.

I'm absolutely crap at code, but I'm going to have to get the latest source and see what I can figure out.

zoieviper Offline
Elite Member
V.I.P

Threads: 3
that would be amazing if we could

MadMav Offline
Beginner
Registered

Threads: 4
Second that!!Wink

CocoCurious Offline
Elite Member
V.I.P

Threads: 56
We have the Tool here...created by Zero

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  check out this one

ZeroThe10th Offline
Sleeping in Cyberspace
GoonSquad Mentor

Threads: 907
(09-30-2016, 09:26 PM)CocoCurious Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.We have the Tool here...created by Zero

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  check out this one

Posted by not created by..

caligulas_horse Offline
Elite Member
V.I.P

Threads: 3
I would LOVE to see the source code for this. Webroot scans it as a virus, and the excuse that "it intercepts second life" or whatever, just doesn't cut it. There's no reason a program that simply manipulates files on your hard drive should scan as a virus. I'm running it in a VM right now to try and contain the problem, But a clean recompile would be ideal.

ZeroThe10th Offline
Sleeping in Cyberspace
GoonSquad Mentor

Threads: 907
It's the encryption that was used on this program that sends up the false positive, use if it you want or don't, The only one who might have a source code is Gina and maybe the Drunken ..somethihng I forgot what his user name is on here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies / Views Last Post
5 Replies 489 Views
Last Post by Minaj
08-23-2016, 12:52 PM
3 Replies 2,054 Views
Last Post by britneybeans
08-22-2013, 12:01 PM