What the actual ****?

Thread Started By Scotty62

• 31 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Rate Thread
So I'm exporting some stuff via XML (using Darkstorm) and I accidentally include a set of fitted mesh breasts in the list.

Roll forward a day or so and I'm importing the stuff into an OpenSim (again using Darkstorm) to verify what's good and what's bad. I just do the full import, not paying attention to what's in the list, and the next thing I know the breasts are there on my chest.

I mean they look EXACTLY the way they looked before export. I actually whipped up a quick physics and put that on and the damn things were bouncing away exactly the way they should!

Of course I figured it was WAY too good to be true, so I logged another avi in using a 'standard' viewer and saw a bunch of yellow triangles floating around my chest. So we had two viewers both rendering the same object in very different ways.

What I can't get my head around is how I could see them in Darkstom in the first place? Clearly Darkstorm was doing something funky (and amazingly cool) but WHAT?

Any clues?

Yeah I got excited when that happened to me,
The Mesh isn't actually there well it's there but only you can see it.
It like loaded what was in your cache, but once you clear it the mesh will go away, and give you those missing mesh triangle error.
The good thing however is you can use that and error to your advantage, XML export things import them on OS grid then take your time .dae exporting the items you want.

(01-18-2016, 11:42 AM)ZeroThe10th Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

The good thing however is you can use that and error to your advantage, XML export things import them on OS grid then take your time .dae exporting the items you want.

Hi Zero,

Thanks for that.

I'm going to reply further in PVT.

Scotty