Making Alpha Layer YouTube Tutorial

Thread Started By ArilyW

• 63 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Rate Thread
Don't mean to make 2 post back to back but I did have another question different topic than my first post.

I watched your YouTube video on how to make an alpha layer in blender using Texture Paint and painting over the model while wearing the mesh clothing. However when I come to paint the hands Blender completely freezes up and crashes. Is this a fixable bug or am I doing something wrong? I'm using Blender 2.72

Thanks again!

Not sure why your Blender keeps crashing. Try re-installing your Blender.

(06-09-2016, 09:50 PM)Minaj Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Not sure why your Blender keeps crashing. Try re-installing your Blender.

I redownloaded and reinstalled but once the paint hits the hands it freezes up and crashes.

The most common causes of Blender crashes.
  • Running out of memory.
  • Issues with graphics hardware/drivers.
  • Bugs in Blender.
see this article on troubleshooting - 

[To see links please register here]

I followed the article and it's still crashing. Only when I go to paint over the hands very weird.

EDIT: I watched the console before and during the freeze and crash but it didn't show any error messages.

Hmm THAT is weird, I never had that happened to me before.. Umm if you keep crashing, my suggestion would be to make the alpha in photoshop instead.
Export the body and the mesh together making sure the body and mesh has it's own material slot.
Import the two into photoshop and paint the alpha there.

I was able to do Ambient Occlusion bake and then take that into photoshop and edit it. Works perfectly. I'm sure the texture paint would be easier but oh well.

Oh, That's really smart! I didn't think about AO bakingthe body and then painting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uploading textures on a mesh object with Alpha Blending/Masking Singmeasong 3 753 03-01-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Saeki Amae
  Tutorial for uploading xml mesh with hydrastorm viewer and meshconverter hwarren101 11 2,553 01-14-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  Tutorial for uploading xml mesh with hydrastorm viewer and meshconverter hwarren101 0 434 12-11-2022, 03:14 AM
Last Post: hwarren101
  Deformer making bandernit 6 1,782 03-15-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Br0ke
  Ripping alpha hair cheekymonkey 0 1,362 06-12-2020, 09:34 AM
Last Post: cheekymonkey
  Making Male Skins Help. RawLit 3 1,767 05-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Lagertha
  Maitreya FitMesh YouTube Tutorial Question. ArilyW 12 15,377 06-19-2016, 11:33 PM
Last Post: ArilyW